25 May 2008

buggy

i got a little bali belly. i have the worst cramps ever, and all on my 39-hour travel day! super bummed. i am scheduled to fly into sfo on may 26 at 7:30pm, but now i hear there is bad weather in taipei, my layover...i hate flying. and the best part: my hotel played 'castaway' the other night, featuring a good ole plane crash. damn it!

needless to say, i am excited to go home. i've had enough. i think i wouldn't be so eager to head home if there were someone here with me, but i'm bored. i need another person to entertain me for an afternoon...at least just TALK to me! but no doubt my eva airlines flight will be exciting, with more kids crawling all over me.

and as for bali, overall, ironically it was the people who drew me to this place, but it is also the people driving me out of this place. tourists are nothing but a walking dollar symbol around here. it is impossible to walk by a balinese person without them trying to sell you a massage or a pedicure or transport...honking their horns at you...yesterday i just wanted to be ignored. no, i don't want to look in your shop! no, my purchase really is not good luck! no, you'd offer me the discount even if i weren't the first customer of the day! ok, can you tell someone is fed up? i just don't feel good...

i'll rehash my trip when i get home. i must keel over now in pain.

No comments: