27 April 2008

more stupid drama

better bike drama than dealing with those travel meds, i suppose. so call me "14 year old boy," but i am super excited about my new bike!!! although not so excited about the issues involving that fiasco. of course i'll elaborate...

blond moment #1: when i first move to oakland, i go to blockbuster and the gal tells me popcorn is on sale, 2 for 1, something like that. trying to make good with a new neighbor, i agree to the purchase. i get home and realize i don't have a microwave.

blond moment #2: i sell my heckler and buy a new lightweight cross-country bike (07 cannondale). waited a week for it. anxiously, i finally get it out to my car and then realized the front tire isn't quick release - it's a lefty fork. crap! next it's like, double crap! the thing won't even fit my on my bike rack! major, major pain involved with that one, so i take the bike back into the shop. can i exchange it? the guy says ok. i move up a notch in bike (08 cannondale - this one's pretty sweet), and they throw more cash on my card. i cringe. i get a call the next day - the bike won't be in until june. maybe. triple crap! then i decide on a specialized. can't go wrong here - there's one in the shop. but OF COURSE they won't let me take it until the next weekend because they need one in the shop to show other customers (so, yeah, they're letting every tom, dick, and harry and their grandma test ride MY new bike...but they already have my cash and i can't get it back). today was the day i was supposed to get my bike. i spent the day on uc berkeley campus (nano forum for work), which is right next door to the bike shop. i call in and say i'm heading in to grab it! yay! they're like, we're slammed. can you get it tomorrow? huh? no! i want to ride it today! well, ok, i'm a sucker, i'll grab it tomorrow during lunch. so i leave the forum, drive home, and the SECOND i walk into my home i get a call from the shop saying the bike is ready for pickup. what?! quadruple crap!

do i like drama? i seem to create a lot of it for myself.

No comments: