04 November 2011

jail time

one month ago, i submitted a request for postponement to jury duty because i am scheduled to spend next week in the Netherlands for work. i pulled the jury's notice of denial out of my mailbox this morning. perfect timing, as my counterparts in the Netherlands have already left work for the weekend and expect me monday morning! and of course the ticket's nonrefundable. i should be finalizing deliverables this morning, but instead i am busy writing letters, making phone calls, doing whatever it takes to make sure the jury a) doesn't expect me next week, and b) doesn't penalize me with a fine or jail time. (i believe i deserve gold stars because i am taking my democratic responsibility so seriously, right?!) get this: there are references to A.R.S. 21-334 all over the internet indicating penalties include a max $100 fine and/or up to three days in jail; however, this statute has not been added to the official A.R.S. website, so there is no "official word" on this issue. arizona is so ass backwards.

No comments: