02 November 2011

incoming! - Nederland

i have failed miserably when it comes to blogging about my recent vacations (ok, so what happens on the island stays on the island!), so i'll aim for improvement on this next trip. granted, it's a work trip, but still, next week i get to work in The Netherlands. how freakin cool is that?! stay tuned...

and on that note, screw the travel theme! i hate rules, so i'm gonna break one. this blog is reopened for business, ALL business! i want to write what i want to write. AFY!

for starters, i am moving to Austin. yes, moving AGAIN! assuming i can sell my house, but i feel confident it will happen. it's such a great house. i love my house. it's the closest thing to home i've ever had and i am now experiencing the greatest detachment saga of my life! but it's all good. it's not too tough to leave Phoenix, and i have some really good things waiting for me in Texas...including a cute boy and his dog ;) it's funny to think that the most difficult task upon moving will be finding a new hairdresser. ???? fyi, i will stay with the same company. things are going pretty well there, and i think things will get better in Austin. hell, at least i'll be able to walk outside in July and August over there. SO over Phoenix. ick ick.

2 comments:

Marcy said...

So cool about you moving to Austin-- this means we get to maybe actually see you when we're in town visiting family!

But, um... you are aware that Texas has had the hottest summers *ever* the past few years? I'm not sure how much you wanna count on that "walking around outside in July and August" thing... ; )

Good luck with the move, and looking forward to more blog updates! We miss you!!

gg said...

Marcy! I have been thinking about you a lot since learning about the move to Austin. I plan to be in touch for advice on where to live, and certainly I would love to see you whenever you head down. I cannot wait to finally meet your cute lil #2!

And yeah, summers seems to be hot wherever I go these days, but at least Texas has trees...sigh.