26 February 2009

explosion

the past three months have been, well...trying. they've consisted of moving, transferring offices, catching up on new projects, meeting new people, studying for the leed exam, training for my bike race, family events, family drama, adjusting to a new city/state, a last minute funeral in WA (well, are they ever planned?), launching two small businesses, taxes, planning/paying for my trip to france...and then some...and finally, the actual race, which i already told you about. so, last saturday was my birthday. i went to yoga, then hiked camelback mountain with my family. at the top of the mountain, they put a tiara on my head and presented me with a brownie and candle to blow out. it was cute...until they made me wear the tiara on the way down! :) then they cooked me dinner. exhausting day, but very fun and so appreciated. however, the following day, sunday, was my first day of downtime, literally, in three months. NOTHING TO DO. i had looked forward to that day for a long time. and i got sick. and i've been sick all week. finally, today, i feel better...and then i go to log onto my laptop first thing this morning and it gives me the blue screen of death. it's infested with 130+ viruses. hmm. no doubt, i am being tested.

do you ever get the feeling something big is about to happen? like a major event looming on the horizon is about to shift the course of your life, and you actually expect it? yeah, that feeling! well i have it. and i don't know why. but great patience is being demanded of me at this time.

1 comment:

Marcy said...

Hmm I think I felt that about 13 months ago... ; )

Sorry the past few months have been such a kicker. Here's hoping things calm down for you a bit and you get a chance to relax.