21 July 2008

shift happens

i have nothing particularly interesting to say right now. other than the fact that the apartment below my friend, Lauren, went up for rent. i love her apartment. it's bigger than mine. it has the mandatory hardwood floors and gas range. the location is better. actually sports a yard in the back. this place would even be cheaper (well, $60 per month cheaper), and it includes a 2-car garage. yes, that is like a dream come true! i love a big garage. i can store a lot of bike parts in a garage. so, strangely, this new development has me thinking quite a bit about what i want to do in the upcoming days of my so-called life. do i stay in my current residence, which is still very pleasant (and feng shui'd to the hilt!), and enjoy the life-without-lease? i can pick up and go anytime. or do i forgo that minor freedom factor and go for this new pad? how much do i REALLY like oakland? my neighbors? what about tempe? do i enjoy my job enough to let it chain me down for a while longer? what about my business plan? how badly do i want that beemer?! meaning, i would have a garage to park it in with that move. hmm. again, a garage is critical. :)

i love how life is quirky. (or do i? something else to think about.) these seemingly random-slash-insignificant events just pop up out of nowhere and turn my/your world upside down...or possibly to a slight 13 degree angle, but whatever, it causes a shift. "shift happens." and because of this rental hitting craigslist, i now get to climb into my bathtub and think about what i want to do with this next year rather than the absolutely DELICIOUS (yes, i am using that word) man i saw on the bike trail yesterday. well, maybe i'll split my think time. yeah, my tub will be like my think tank. get it. water. tank. ok, bad.

1 comment:

Marcy said...

One could look at it that your lease-less current situation was meant to free you up for this fabulous new apartment. ; )