23 January 2009

new digs

and for the record, some of you may actually be wondering how i am getting along in my new town. you already know how the job is going. :) otherwise, phoenix is...interesting. lots of chargers and cadillacs on the road. just lots of cars in general because you have to drive everywhere. but it is pretty once you escape the city. i get to see my sisters nearly every week, which is awesome! i have been spending a lot of time mountain biking and spinning (the gym sitch in this town is a whole other story), since that 24-hour race is in three weeks. argh! i made it up to flagstaff to snowboard a couple weeks ago. there was powpow everywhere! unbelievable. and i've been reading as much as possible. and studying for my LEED AP exam. and working on my feng shui homework to become certified. and thinking about a couple books i want to write.

i have also decided to give toastmasters a shot. my first meeting is next tuesday night. scared out of my mind, but i have a new philosophy: if i feel unprepared, that's the right path for me to take. i'm excited to see where it leads.

No comments: